Firstly, it is essential to create compelling content, if you want users to really like your website or to your videos.
Video ad formats available
There are several video formats available, today we are going to give you recommendations on how to make the most of:
- InStream video clips (display ad builder, classic InStream for AdWords for video, TrueView in-stream)
InStream video clips
Optimize your instream video campaign
With InStream ads, you can insert your ad at the beginning or in the middle of another video. This method is a very effective way in terms of branding, but it typically has lower conversion rates than other online ad formats. Here are some suggestions to take full advantage of your instream video ads campaign:
- Direct traffic from your ads to your YouTube brand channel or website that includes more video content. If you allow the user to view other videos, you probably find the conversion rates higher than if you redirect traffic to a part of your site containing only text.
- Make sure that your landing page is relevant to the content of your ad. In terms of landing pages for YouTube, consider to redirect users to a page or a branded channel and include an AdWords remarketing code so that you can retarget the users later on. That way, you can increase the exposure of your brand and to leverage the broadcast frequency of your message to users.
- Include a clear call to action in your ad and select colors and fonts that suit your brand.
- Avoid using keyword targeting for your Video campaign, as this could significantly limit the frequency of your ads.
Be creative and create good content for your InStream video ads
Make sure that the video you create for your ad is attractive. Remember that your audience is not already acquired, it is important to get their attention during the broadcast of the video. There are some tips you can follow:
- Opt for a short and fun to watch video. Communicate the most important information at the beginning of the video in case the user does not watch it to the end.
- State clearly the products and services offered by your business.
- Clearly indicate to users what they can do after the video. It may be making a purchase or to access your website or store.